These steps apply for Debian based Linux systems. For Arch linux, you can use pacman -S osm-gps-map however at this point it contains a bug which has been reported here.
- Download and extract the latest source from github
- Make sure you’ve got libgirepository-dev with sudo apt-get install libgirepository-dev. If you’re on Arch try pacman -S gobject-introspection
- Run ./autogen.sh
- Run ./configure –prefix /usr
- Run make & sudo make install
- cd into the src folder
- Run ‘vapigen –pkg gtk+-3.0 –library OsmGpsMap OsmGpsMap-1.0.gir’. This produces the OsmGpsMap.vapi VAPI file needed to use OsmGpsMap with Vala.
- Go to /usr/lib/pkgconfig and rename osmgpsmap-1.0.pc to OsmGpsMap-1.0.pc
You’re now all set to write Vala code using OsmGpsMap widgets!
Here’s a demo project.